|Stay up to date: Subscribe to our Mailing List|
Our community is at risk ...
If you’re like most Pinery and Timbers homeowners,
you cherish our rural community, with its natural beauty, open spaces,
quiet streets, scenic trails, quality homes and generous lot sizes. The
Pinery and Timbers community is truly special, known throughout much of
the state as a highly desirable place to live.
- Our home values and median prices could be pressured downward with the introduction of smaller, lower-cost homes.
- Our traffic conditions could worsen severely with about 350 more cars driving about 1,200 more trips from/to home each day. Streets could become congested and dangerous, especially for our children and pets.
- Our schools could need to accommodate up to 275 more students than planned.
- Our water supply could be stressed with about 8% more usage overall.
- Our emergency services could need to increase their response capacity.
- Our wildlife could be severely displaced, especially in the high-density areas.
- The quality and serenity of our neighborhood could suffer permanently. With high-density housing, smaller lots, smaller homes, more traffic, more congestion and less wildlife, the Pinery and Timbers would never be the same again.
You can help protect our community ...
- Sign our petition.
- Donate to help cover our research and legal costs.
Email the Douglas County Planning Commission – let the
commissioners know that you're opposed to increased housing density.
- If the above link doesn’t open your email program, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
- Subscribe to our mailing list and stay up to date.
- Join the team that is standing up for our community.
- Check our calendar and attend our meetings and events.
Thanks for your support of our community!